We all know what they are, mostly because we wore them as children… but does that make it weird to wear overalls as adults?! Apparently not for everyone, because there are a lot of people (and designers!) who think it’s not only acceptable, but fashionable this fall! Yes, I understand you might still be opposed, but I’ve rounded up a few images that might change your mind.
1) Instead of channelling your inner 4 year old, opt for a fitted pair and create a streamlined look. This doesn’t mean you have to totally dress them up, but a fun pump with a pop of color gives the look a sophisticated flair. Not into pumps? Check out how Atlantic Pacific styled them with flats here!
2) On the other end of the spectrum, if you have a more casual style, you might not want to mess with the comfortable aspect of overalls at all! I love how We Wore What styled her colored pair with flats and a beanie to create a perfectly effortless weekend look.
3) Not ready for fall yet? (Me neither!) Add a hat and sunnies like Eat Sleep Denim and soak up every last warm day that comes along!
4) Speaking of summer, if you believe in white after Labor Day – THIS is how you do it! Honestly, even if you aren’t a fan of the white, pairing overalls with a leather jacket and classic heels replaces any youthful connotations with the right amount of edge.
5) And, of course, you can’t go wrong with snuggling up in a cozy pair at home like Pink Peonies.
So, what do you think?! Will you give them a try?
Don’t know where to shop them? Check out some options on Lake Shore Lady today!
Wandeleur is a lifestyle website for those who aspire + inspire. It taps into the insight of exceptional individuals, provides practical tips + tricks, and highlights an imaginative lifestyle. We hope it serves as a continual source of inspiration for you. MORE >>