Kick-Start Your Day With a Knead Baking Company Breakfast
Whenever you Google Ojai California, Knead Baking Company pops up as the place to go for all things baked and sweet. This artisan bakery is run by mother-daughters team who work like a busy bees in their open kitchen, all wearing a colorful scarves around their heads and making some of most delicious pastries I have ever seen. When entering their place you are greeted by a scent of fresh bread that makes you don’t want to leave. The space is rustic and has a nice patio seating.
I opted for some breakfast sandwiches with softest brioche bun ever and a breakfast plate with fried eggs and cheese on arugula salad. The breakfast plate was my favorite! It felt so fresh, healthy and light that yesterday after my morning walk I had to make it at home. Super easy, made in no time this Knead Baking Company breakfast with only few ingredients is exactly what I need to start a day on a healthy note. Give it a try and get a slice of Ojai onto your own table.
What you will need: (Serves 1)
– two eggs
– 4 slices of Parmesan cheese or Manchego
– 2 hand-full organic baby spinach
– 1 tbps olive oil
– 1 tbsp balsamic
– salt and pepper to taste.
What to do:
1. Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat. Crack and add eggs to the pan. Break the egg yolk with a knife so it spreads out onto the egg white, season with some salt and cover with the lid. Cook until the egg is completely firm.
2. While egg is cooking, place the spinach in a bowl, add some salt, olive oil and balsamic and mix it so the spinach is covered with the dressing.
3. Place the cheese on the plate. Top it with the egg and add some spinach on the side. Season with some pepper and enjoy!
Tip: I added also some cherry tomatoes just to add more color to my plate.
And voila! You have a delicious, colorful and California fresh breakfast to impress any of your breakfast guests.
Ana Kamin is the author of Fluxi On Tour, a place where she shares her passion for travel, San Francisco, delicious food, cool stores, interesting people and other inspiring things she discovers along the way. She loves to spend my time outside, strolling farmer’s markets, walking on the beach or having picnic in the park.